Friday, September 11, 2009

The First Day of School...a little late

August 24th Ramsey and Riley started school! Ramsey is now is 2nd grade, and thinks she is almost a grownup. But Riley...well lets just say he has been waiting for this day for 2 years now. He has been super excited to start Kindergarten, get his own homework, etc. Here he is in his classroom. I thought since this was his first foray away from home (he was never in preschool) that he would be a little scared. But NO! He walked right in, sat down and started playing. He did have his "I'm-a-little-worried-but-I-think-I-can-handle-it" face on, so I said goodbye (and a prayer) and then took Ramsey to class. I didn't get a picture of her in class, cause she's like a pro at all this school stuff now.



Here they are getting ready to go to school. See the excited look on Riley's face? Not to mention the pride of having a Transformers lunch box.



Can you tell that Riley likes Transformers? He picked out both the backpack and lunch box.


I remember when Ramsey started Kindergarten, the first couple of weeks she came home from school extremely tired. So I kind of figured that Riley would do the same. Not so. He comes home from school so hyper! He's like a Mexican Jumping bean. One day it was so bad that we made him run around the block to burn off some energy. and that was after he rode his bike around the block a couple of times first. Fortunately he will start soccer again soon, and that will give him another outlet. I still think I will need better vitamins to keep up with these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment